Premium Outlet Trees

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Premium Outlet Trees

Postby wncollette » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 pm

I was very impressed with the quality of the landscaping at the new mall. They owners must have put well over $1 Million into that single aspect alone.

Unfortunately this summer drought is now killing off many of these large, expensive trees as I type. Many have already died outright and hundreds more are highly stressed.

I stopped by the construction trailers today and talked to several individuals on the subject. I hope they follow up but I don't think I found anyone who will do so. Thus this new Topic.

I'm sure the plantings were required by our planning board but I don't know if dead trees must be replaced due to lack of maintenance. The solution is easy though. Water them.

Hire someone to fill the very nice and costly mulch rings with water at least once per week...preferably twice per week for at least the next 6-8 weeks. Why risk such an investment?

If I were an abutting landowner I would be watering the line of sight trees myself. Hopefully this comment will result is some immediate action...like tomorrow before it is too late.

Frankly I am disappointed that this is even an issue. I've been told that maintenance and quality is one of the owners strengths. Fix it now please. Thanks.
wncollette

Re: Premium Outlet Trees

Postby wncollette » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:18 pm

The next time you visit the very nice new mall, drive the perimeter and look at the many wonderful trees that were planted at great expense.

Then notice the shriveled and dying if not dead leaves on many of them. There is no need for this. Water them please. Finish the job and keep them alive...

Just a tree fan, WNC
wncollette

Postby wncollette » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Nancy, can the town apply any pressure to insure that the required trees at the new Outlet Mall are properly maintained? Thanks, WNC
wncollette

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 am

wncollette wrote:The next time you visit the very nice new mall, drive the perimeter and look at the many wonderful trees that were planted at great expense.

Then notice the shriveled and dying if not dead leaves on many of them. There is no need for this. Water them please. Finish the job and keep them alive...

With all the money they dumped into the design of the mall they didn't install a watering system for the landscaping?
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Return to General Town Topics