Shaws

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Shaws

Postby Atw » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 am

Does any one know if anything is going in the old shaws
Atw

Re: Shaws

Postby MMK » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 pm

The owners are aggressively marketing the property, even offering "naming rights" to the new anchor tenant following the expiration earlier this year of Shaw's lease of the property.

I'm not in the loop by any means, but I have not heard of anything made public regarding a new tenant.
MMK

Postby Brian McCarthy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 am

Gonna be tough finding an existing company with the name:

"The Old Shaws"

:-)

MMK wrote:The owners are aggressively marketing the property, even offering "naming rights" to the new anchor tenant following the expiration earlier this year of Shaw's lease of the property.

I'm not in the loop by any means, but I have not heard of anything made public regarding a new tenant.
Brian McCarthy

Postby mmoy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:14 pm

I thought that this thread would be about the problems that the parent company is having:

Moody's Investors Service lowered its ratings on Supervalu Inc. (SVU) two notches further into junk territory, pointing to expectations the supermarket operator will continue to see weak operating performance as its strategy of lowering prices and cutting costs has been unsuccessful in improving traffic.

Moody's downgraded Supervalu's rating to B3, placing it six levels into junk territory. The outlook is negative.

"Supervalu continues to lose traffic and market share in an increasingly challenging and competitive industry as evidenced by its long history of declining identical store sales," said Moody's Senior Analyst Mickey Chadha.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 14924.html
mmoy

Postby MMK » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:57 pm

mmoy wrote:
"Supervalu continues to lose traffic and market share in an increasingly challenging and competitive industry as evidenced by its long history of declining identical store sales," said Moody's Senior Analyst Mickey Chadha.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 14924.html

Perfect. Maybe we'll have three vacant Shaw's stores in our town. . . .
MMK

Return to General Town Topics