Mall Sign v.2

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Mall Sign v.2

Postby timothy dutton » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:42 am

Chief Doyle has stated that any traffic issues should be reported to the Merrimack Police.
timothy dutton

Postby Brian McCarthy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 am

Driving over curbs... looking at a dirt covered hill with bolders on it, or a fire gate in visible site as a possible route... You did say MA plates right? :-)

Couldn't resist.

Loon44 wrote:
Jimbo wrote:As I mentioned, they burn for the safety of the employees. Even one person at midnight will get a lighted parking lot or the mall is liable. It is what it is. :(

Jimbo,

I had not thought of that, but I see your point. Surely this is a problem that can be fixed somehow. We did not ask for this.... Also, I am getting quite a number of Mass plates driving up on the cul de sac near us, bordering the outlet mall. Apparently Mapquest or GPS is directing them to Englewood Drive, and they drive around in front of the homes confused. We get 10-20 cars on the weekends in particular. We had one lady actually attempt to drive onto the dirt paved area, the cut out where the sewer line is leading up to the mall property thinking this was the way to the shopping center. How stupid.
Brian McCarthy

Postby Tom Mahon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:43 pm

There may be another aspect to this. The light temperature of the lights (Kelvin scale, not Fahrenheit or Celcius). Article in the Boston Globe about LED street lights in Boston and how the "brightness" has become a problem for people, even though they are designed to use much less power. Have passed the article along to Community Development.
Tom Mahon
31 Naticook Road
Tom Mahon

Postby lynn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 pm

lynn

Previous

Return to General Town Topics