Mall Sign v.2

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Mall Sign v.2

Postby lynn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:23 pm

same rules apply - following up
lynn

Postby Loon44 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Thank you. What are the allowable hours of the parking lot lighting?
Loon44

Postby Jimbo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:29 pm

If there are not perminent street lights for partial lighting, then some of those will burn 24/7 for safety reasons. No winning that argumet. :shock:
Get-R-Done
Jimbo

Postby MissyB » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:30 pm

rbarnes, checkout Merimack PD's facebook page. I believe they just added what you were asking for.

Check out our new feature on our website - Daily Logs are now available. Get a summary of our calls for service by date!

http://www.merrimacknh.gov/​node/2514

Chief Doyle is doing a tremendous job with communications.
MissyB

Postby RBarnes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks Missy, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Looks like a couple calls from the outlets on Sunday but they weren't in the hour time frame we called them. 3 arrests in that single hour :shock:

It will be interesting to watch what percent of the total calls each day are a result of the outlet.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby lynn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:22 pm

MPO has adjusted their light timers
the sign should go off shortly after 10pm and the parking lights shortly after that
let me know

Lynn
lynn

Postby Loon44 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Parking lot Lights are still brightly on at 10:47.
Loon44

Postby MissyB » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:15 am

If the mall closes at 10, I would think that the parking lot lights would need to stay on for at least an hour after that for the safety of the store and mall employees leaving.
MissyB

Postby Loon44 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:49 am

It closes at 9. The lights were on at Midnight.
Loon44

Postby Tom Mahon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Making a report here is not the same as making one to Community Development for follow-up. The Town will be conducting a lighting compliance review as part of the site plan approval in the first 30 days after the outlets opened. It would seem that there are ten days left on that timeline.
Tom Mahon
31 Naticook Road
Tom Mahon

Postby Brian McCarthy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Just this week I have been proven that a good number of people in this Town either can't take the time to 'report something' or don't know where to report it.

The Ad-Hoc web committee wanted a very comprehensive FAQ with questions like 'A new sign went up at xxx, was it approved ? Who can I ask?' - that never happened.

Most people are going to drive by and say 'what a waste, its midnight and the damn sign is still on' - not knowing they are not following the rules, nevermind who to contact about it - Community Development, Police, Planning Board, Council Members?

Anyway, it is something that can be improved on - using social media is helping.

The example for me this week is the traffic officer at Turkey Hill and Amherst was not present the past two mornings. I used Facebook to report it on Monday morning. It seems that I was the only one who didn't think it was odd that a backup on Turkey Hill went 4 times longer than usual and took the time to report it. What about those other 30 cars in front of me, and the ones that came in behind me, or all the cars on Tuesday morning? Anyway, it will be resolved, I assume, starting on Thursday (can't imagine it would be an issue on the 4th!).

So, although this forum is not the best place to report issues, people who read this forum, like yourself Tom, tell people where to go (in a nice way :-)). Thanks!
Brian McCarthy

Postby lynn » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:19 pm

community development is aware of the issue and is in conversation with the mall folks
I don't live near there and am usually in bed long before you notice the lights are still on
so making note here will get noticed even though it is not the official reporting venue :D
lynn

Postby sbl09 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:29 am

The point about the lights staying on for the safety of the employees is a good one. I don't think anyone should be walking through a dark parking lot to get to their car.
The stores may close at 9 but the employees stay later for clean up, restocking and rearranging the displays. My daughter works at the Mall and she has had several 4pm to midnight shifts and the night they rearranged the store set up, they weren't through until 1am.

If the parking lot lights were set up on different zones maybe they could stage the light shut off. The lights at the edge of the parking lot overlooking Whittier Place could be shut off at 10pm but the lights closer to the stores could be left on later for the safety of the employees. The employees could then be told that if they have to work past 10 they shouldn't park in the northern most part of the lot.
sbl09

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:11 pm

As I mentioned, they burn for the safety of the employees. Even one person at midnight will get a lighted parking lot or the mall is liable. It is what it is. :(
Get-R-Done
Jimbo

Postby Loon44 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Jimbo wrote:As I mentioned, they burn for the safety of the employees. Even one person at midnight will get a lighted parking lot or the mall is liable. It is what it is. :(

Jimbo,

I had not thought of that, but I see your point. Surely this is a problem that can be fixed somehow. We did not ask for this.... Also, I am getting quite a number of Mass plates driving up on the cul de sac near us, bordering the outlet mall. Apparently Mapquest or GPS is directing them to Englewood Drive, and they drive around in front of the homes confused. We get 10-20 cars on the weekends in particular. We had one lady actually attempt to drive onto the dirt paved area, the cut out where the sewer line is leading up to the mall property thinking this was the way to the shopping center. How stupid.
Loon44

PreviousNext

Return to General Town Topics