Mall Sign v.2

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Mall Sign v.2

Postby Brian McCarthy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:44 am

Just a reminder to all Merrimack residents... we now need to be well versed in the list of stores and hours of the outlet mall because just like those people in Tilton, we are now bonded with 'outlet mall' and are expected to be able to answer all questions about it when asked by anyone.

We should get the 'Welcome to Merirmack' packets to include that information.

Brian (only half tongue in cheek because I've already been asked several questions)
Brian McCarthy

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:01 pm

So have I. We were in Portsmouth on Saturday and when asked where we came from and mentioned Merrimack we were asked about the Mall. Beats talking about the taxes. LOL
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby JMac1000 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Speaking of taxes, So When does the tax relief for all of us hit the rolls? Mine increased from 2011 to 2012. We need tax relief now.
JMac1000

Postby MMK » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:38 pm

JMac1000 wrote:Speaking of taxes, So When does the tax relief for all of us hit the rolls? Mine increased from 2011 to 2012. We need tax relief now.

Really? Mine droped from 2011 to 2012. . . .

Did you make any improvements maybe?
MMK

Postby joe179 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:41 pm

NOW GO HOME....
joe179

Postby Tom Mahon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:09 pm

For your Information, here is part of the after action report drafted by the Police Chief for the Council meeting on June 28th:

7. Site-related issues & Calls for service breakdown:

There were very few site-related problems other than our calls for service that were mall-related (see below). These calls represent all calls from Grand Opening at MPO to the close of business on Sunday evening. We handled a variety of calls, and instituted several Directed Patrols throughout the mall, in an effort to keep our “presence” constant on the site.

• Directed Patrols* by our Officers 6
• Theft from a Motor Vehicle ($50 reported taken from a car parked in the lot) 1
• Alarms (Burglar & Fire)± 10
• Medical Calls 4
• M/V Stops (at the Intersection - various offenses) 2
• Police Information 1
• Shoplifting (Attempted - $700 clothes from "The Loft") 1
• Lost Property 1
• M/V Accidents (Industrial at Premium Outlets Blvd.) 2
• Total Calls For Service 6-14 through 6-17-2012 28

* “Directed Patrols” are calls that are self-initiated, meaning they are assigned by the Supervisors at the start of the shift and conducted by the officer at the Mall (Patrolling the lot, walk-a-longs, etc…)
± None of the alarms were as a result of actual fires or burglaries…due to inexperience using the system or faults in the system after closing or prior to opening.
Tom Mahon
31 Naticook Road
Tom Mahon

Postby RayWhipple » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 am

OK, I passed by the mall area Friday morning at 2:30am and saw the big outlet mall sight that is like 6 stories high still lit up. Now I thought that the sign was supposed to be shut off at a certain time?
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ~President Ronald Reagan.

http://www.newt.org/
RayWhipple

Postby Brian McCarthy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 am

Ditto on Sunday morning at 2:30AM - sign was lit up.

RayWhipple wrote:OK, I passed by the mall area Friday morning at 2:30am and saw the big outlet mall sight that is like 6 stories high still lit up. Now I thought that the sign was supposed to be shut off at a certain time?
Brian McCarthy

Postby timothy dutton » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 am

Planning Board did not include a time limit for the sign being lit in the sign permit process. If I recall, Leedy stated that the sign would be turned off during off hours.
timothy dutton

Postby RBarnes » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 am

Tom Mahon wrote:For your Information, here is part of the after action report drafted by the Police Chief for the Council meeting on June 28th:

7. Site-related issues & Calls for service breakdown:

There were very few site-related problems other than our calls for service that were mall-related (see below). These calls represent all calls from Grand Opening at MPO to the close of business on Sunday evening. We handled a variety of calls, and instituted several Directed Patrols throughout the mall, in an effort to keep our “presence” constant on the site.

• Directed Patrols* by our Officers 6
• Theft from a Motor Vehicle ($50 reported taken from a car parked in the lot) 1
• Alarms (Burglar & Fire)± 10
• Medical Calls 4
• M/V Stops (at the Intersection - various offenses) 2
• Police Information 1
• Shoplifting (Attempted - $700 clothes from "The Loft") 1
• Lost Property 1
• M/V Accidents (Industrial at Premium Outlets Blvd.) 2
• Total Calls For Service 6-14 through 6-17-2012 28

* “Directed Patrols” are calls that are self-initiated, meaning they are assigned by the Supervisors at the start of the shift and conducted by the officer at the Mall (Patrolling the lot, walk-a-longs, etc…)
± None of the alarms were as a result of actual fires or burglaries…due to inexperience using the system or faults in the system after closing or prior to opening.

Are the police blotters posted online or in a paper like they used to be?

The reason I ask is because yesterday we had to call the police for a non emergency issue and in the past even for non emergencies the police have always responded really quickly but the dispatcher said they were busy with a large number of arrests so they couldn't respond right away. I didn't sit there with a stop watch but if I had to guess I'd say it took close to an hour before an officer finally responded to the call.

I'm wondering how many of the calls they had to respond yesterday to where related to the outlet mall.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby jjgrady » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:29 pm

RBarnes wrote:[
Are the police blotters posted online or in a paper like they used to be?

Merrimack Patch publishes the police blotter every so often. I just went to their site and clicked on "News", then "Police" and then "Blotter". There seems to be a time lag of a week or two so what you are looking for may not be posted for a while.
jjgrady

Postby lynn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:29 pm

sign is on a timer - mall is checking on the time settings
lynn

Postby Loon44 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 pm

lynn wrote:sign is on a timer - mall is checking on the time settings

Is the parking lot lights on a timer? We are getting lighting through our second floor bedroom window.
Loon44

Postby lynn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:17 pm

unknown - the only restriction I am aware of was when I asked the developer about
turninng off the big sign when the mall was closed and they agreed.

I can check on the parking lot lighting
lynn

Postby Tom Mahon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Light complaints should be made to the Community Development Department.

Rick,
According to the press release section of the PD there were three separate incidents and arrests on Sunday for domestic issues. No mall issues were reported on that section of the site.
Tom Mahon
31 Naticook Road
Tom Mahon

PreviousNext

Return to General Town Topics