I love when stuff like this happens.

OUTLETS.png
OUTLETS.png (899.92 KiB) Viewed 10943 times
Speeder

Re: Mall Sign v.2

Postby ggkrupp » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:42 pm

THAT is funny :lol: :lol:
Gary G. Krupp

America is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy (thankfully) :-)
ggkrupp

Postby chancellor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm

So obviously photo shopped. Lame attempt by abutters to besmirch - or at least try to - the image of a reputable business that will be incredibly successful. The real hilarity will ensue when we see many of these sour-grape abutters shopping for the holidays at the evil Premium Outlets.
chancellor

Postby Jimbo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Exactly. They will shop there and so will everyone else. I would have bet my old mortgage on it. The crying game is done, the whining is over, now comes the real test, shoppers. :D
Get-R-Done
Jimbo

Postby Speeder » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Not photoshopped, and I'm not an abutter. This was sent by a friend (also not an abutter) who took the picture this morning.

Nice try, though.
Speeder

Postby MissyB » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

MUR just reported on it.
MissyB

Postby NH » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 pm

With all due respect to those who continue to diminish the legitimate concerns of abutters (like me), continuing to categorize our concerns as only NIMBYs is really weak. Most of us have accepted with grace the completion of the project. I believed my town wide concerns were best for the town and now that it is built I want it to be successful..for the same reason...for the best of the town. Minimizing the concerns presented at the time was certainly our right and responsibility to voice. Is there still some anger from some? sure...but it is what it is and I would appreciate it if those who won the battle of the mall would be as graceful in their win as it is expected we should be in losing. Nuff said...

Nancy
NH

Postby timothy dutton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Jimbo,

I have seen the list of stores going in and nothing there for me, I can by my Nikes else where and more than likely for a lot less money and less hassles. So I have no plans on shopping there. So, I guess I whin the bet?
timothy dutton

Postby JMac1000 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

I have never been bothered by the "NIMBY" term, as most everyone could be considered a "NIMBY" when it affects them! . Just ask those near Erik St when they fought Home Depot and I got a flyer in my mailbox and visitors to my door asking me to support them. I could not understand why they were fighting this, until a few years later, it happened to me with the mall. You can also see the hypocrisy, when someone from Mallard point calls me a NIMBY a few years ago, during the Mall debate, and that same person I see on Merrimack TV years later, showing up at Planning and Zoning Board meetings speaking out about the traffic and noise from a Church being built next to their neighborhood, which probably has 100 cars, a couple of days a week. You can also look to the neighbors at Horse Hill Nature Preserve that showed up in force at committee and board meetings fighting the possibility of Soccer fields at the HHNP because they say it would hurt their quality of life due to the noise from Kids playing. I could go on and on. In the case of the Outlets, this is not a church next to a neighborhood, or a soccer field in a nature preserve, but the largest retail project this state has seen in 25 or 30 years. I raised concerns because I had deep concerns about the ramifications of that for the town overall, and I thought it was reasonable and debatable that the Exit 10 area would sprawl and be transformed over to a retail district similar to Kittery, or Exit 1 in Nashua. Did we want this kind of traffic? Did we want Merrimack to look like Exit 1 in Nashua? This is a town wide concern and that was the biggest concern at the time.

Since the Planning Board voted to pass the mall after the voters narrowly voted in favor of changing the zoning to allow allow the possibility of an outlet mall, I have stopped debating the merits of the mall, and my attention has been turned to insuring that many of the promises made are kept. I think its reasonable to ask for dense buffering when you have a project that will bring in more vehicles per year than Manchester Airport next to your neighborhood. I think its reasonable to expect that the lights on the property are not going to trespass certain homes as is happening now. I think its reasonable to blast with less intensity because of the risk to the homes, as it was to be one solid year of blasting almost every day. There were many complaints about the blasting. This project is huge, and right now as you visit the mall over the weekend you will see that it is only, I would guess 60% completed from a square foot perspective. its going to get a lot bigger. This includes 3 restaurants and a Bank along the road leading up to the mall, a phase 2 that I believe will be 120,000 to 150,000 square feet, 4 large buildings right against the neighborhoods, and 3 or so other larger restaurants and a Hotel behind Spruce St.

I stand my ground that I do not think I am being unreasonable to expect reasonable, dense buffering, and other protections to maintain our property values, quality of life and a safe place to raise a family.. This is what I wanted, and I do not think abutters should have to move in order to have that or outbid a major corporation as was suggested by one poster. (i believe the land sold for somewhere in the range of 17million dollars)> This land was rezoned after those abutters bought their homes when the area nearby was heavily residential with some industrial. If all that is being a NIMBY, count me in as a NIMBY who also cares about Merrimack.
JMac1000

Postby merrimack1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:58 am

Malls opening tomorrow...time for you idiots to find something else to complain about
merrimack1

Postby Debra Huffman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:46 pm

merrimack1 wrote:Malls opening tomorrow...time for you idiots to find something else to complain about

Is someone forcing you to read this thread, "Merrimack1"? Has someone appointed you God of All Discussions?

If anyone needs to vent a bit here, I say they should just go right ahead. That's one of the points of having a town forum - it's a safe place to grumble a bit about the inevitable annoyances of life. Having a shopping mall built in your backyard certainly qualifies as a major life annoyance. They have to swallow it, but they have the right to gag a little.
Debra Huffman

Postby Tom Mahon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Check another one off your list, Jamie. Check for $650K presented to town today (and check off another) when the Certificate of Occupancy was issued.
Tom Mahon
31 Naticook Road
Tom Mahon

Postby merrimack1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Maybe they shouldn't have bought property next to a highway with prime acres for commercial development. If the mall came into town and wiped out a neighborhood on some back road then put a mall in its place that would be one thing. However....they didn't.
merrimack1

Postby merrimack1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm

You should be excited this town is actually growing....look all around Merrimack its BOOMING and we're just sitting here watching buildings go up in Bedford and Amherst.
merrimack1

Postby Tom Mahon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Just another update...
Advisory: Traffic and Special Event Management Plan in effect 6/14-6/17 Industrial Dr,Camp Sgt Rd,Continental Bv,Greens Pond Rd

The Town of Merrimack Traffic and Special Event Traffic Management Plan goes into effect tonight at midnight and runs through Sunday evening. The "NO PARKING" Restriction includes the length of Industrial Dr., from D.W. Highway to Continental Blvd; Camp Sgt. Rd. from Continental Blvd. to the Exit 11 Southbound Off-ramp; Continental Blvd. from Contra Way to Tallant Rd.; and Greens Pond Rd. from Continental Blvd. to Naticook Rd. (Residents and their guests are exempted...Please call our Communications Center and provide us with their information)

The "LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY" restriction applies to Camp Sargent Rd. from Continental Blvd. to the exit 11 Southbound off-ramp.

More info on the plan can be found here:

http://www.merrimacknh.gov/node/2491

*and*

http://merrimack.patch.com/articles/tra ... or-weekend

Residents and motorists can expect heavy taffic congestion in and around the Industrial Dr., Continental Blvd., and D.W. Highway corridors as both the "RIBFEST" and "MERRIMACK PREMIUM OUTLETS GRAND OPENING EVENTS" are planned for this upcoming weekend

Contact Information:
Merrimack Police Department Communications Center
Communications
603-424-3774

For full details, view this message on the web.
Tom Mahon
31 Naticook Road
Tom Mahon

Next

Return to General Town Topics