Mall Opening Announced

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Mall Opening Announced

Postby timothy dutton » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:38 pm

I guess the mall is really a "Destination Place" Look at all the recent crimes taking place. Just maybe not the type Merrimack was planning on.
timothy dutton

Postby mmoy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I visited the mall yesterday and was quite impressed.

- The driveway is quite long though I guess that helps to attenuate the steep property
- I was there around noontime and was surprised at how busy it was
- A lot of the parking on two sides of the mall were taken but it only took me two minutes to find a spot
- The buildings and walkways are nicely done
- A lady driving an SUV with kids in the back was texting on her phone while driving through the pedestrian walk zone - societal problem I guess
- I had to wait in lines to make purchases - people are buying things there
- The food court area was busy and clean when I was there but I spoke to a co-worker and she said that it wasn't clean when she visited - she visited on the weekend and I guess it's a lot busier then
- It wasn't obvious as to how to get out of the place - I went to the edge and drove counter-clockwise - got to see the great views on the North side
- There was a moderate wait to get out of the place - I needed to make a left to get to the highway

Brian showed me the crime reports but it looks like there is quite a bit of video surveillance and I imagine that security is learning how to deal with the problems as they arise.

On prices - I'd say about 20-30 percent better than full retail but not as good as real factory outlets.
mmoy

Postby Loon44 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 am

timothy dutton wrote:I guess the mall is really a "Destination Place" Look at all the recent crimes taking place. Just maybe not the type Merrimack was planning on.

There is a write up in the Merrimack Patch on this today.

http://merrimack.patch.com/articles/cop ... um-outlets
Loon44

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Doesn't look like police have increased their activities too much. If you look at the police logs on a regular basis there are plenty of crimes that were taking place in town before the Mall opened. Bad checks, burglaries, assaults, drugs.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Previous

Return to General Town Topics