Import of postings from previous forums

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Should we import postings from the two previous forum sites?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:57 pm

1. Only from Nat's site.
45%
2. From both previous sites.
55%

Total votes : 20

Import duties

Postby Norman Phillips » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:37 am

Having read now the recent postings on this subject, it appears to me also that the old forum should be available only as a reference file, i.,e. it should not be active as a forum, only to be read for reference. (Would this be an example of a "locked" file, Nat? ) This would accomplish two goals---prevent the literal reactivation of objectionable threads and postings, and would also be technically easier ( I think ). Please excuse any goofs in the technical words I have used here. 8) :)
Sincerely, Norm Phillips
Norman Phillips

Postby rrattigan » Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:16 pm

Lets hear it all but let us know who said it. :lol:
rrattigan

Postby Jim O'Toole » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:33 pm

I believe that the past forum is just that...PAST. If vital information is needed then we can access it as needed by contacting the town..ie the solid waste dissusions. I do not want the BOS believing the BS that I witnessed when they closed down the town Forum. We are above that. We are not a bunch of depraved individuals who are are a gang in this town. I have learned more about current events and town happenings from the internet than any other source.
I did not not know about the "Greens Pond" land purchase until I saw it on the town forum. Debra..Thank you for that. I did my best to educate my neighbors. I personnally got to walk the land with you and learned alot. My son was with me and had his picture in the Nashua Telegraph. What a thrill for him.
My thoughts on solid waste later..........
Jim O'Toole

Previous

Return to General Town Topics