BOS Agenda Format

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

BOS Agenda Format

Postby Debra Huffman » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:51 pm

Great news! Betty Spence has completed the job of reformatting the BOS agenda. Each agenda item now includes the name of the submitter and a brief description. Also included is an explanation of the rules governing public comments.

This is one of those things that might seem trivial, but is actually very helpful.

Kudos to Betty for a job well done and to Brian McCarthy for suggesting this to the BOS on several occasions.
Debra Huffman

Postby Norman Phillips » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:12 am

Debra----I have already sent an email to Selectman Gagnon to thank her for initiating action by the Administration to make this change.

I think she probably got several phone calls before the BOS meeting concerning what her agenda item on "Internet Input" meant. I know I called her for that information and then posted it on the Town Forum.

At the end of that BOS meeting, she laid it on Carr and Valerie to make the change.
Sincerely, Norm Phillips
Norman Phillips

Special BOS meeting this Thursday

Postby Norman Phillips » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:11 pm

The BOS has just posted notice of a special meeting, the agenda being located athttp://www.ci.merrimack.nh.us/onlineservices/agendas/bosagenda.htm
Sincerely, Norm Phillips
Norman Phillips

Chairman Carr's comments on October 22.

Postby Norman Phillips » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:02 pm

The October 22 Board of Selectmen meeting was centered on the Bond Hearing for the Mast Road project. At this time the Board was beginning to contact Anheuser-Busch as to what they thought of this proposal. At the end of the Public Session following the Hearing, Chairman Carr is quoted as follows in the Minutes for that meeting.
Selectman Carr noted that he agrees with Selectman McCray, that the reality of this is long-term planning and it boils down to $8.00 on the tax rate per $100,000 for the life of a 20-year bond, or $20.00 on the tax rate per $100,000 for curbside for life.

The question was raised by “Mike” on the previous forum ( run by Nat on his server ) as to where those numbers came from.

On November 18 I started a series of phone calls and emails with Norm Carr in which I asked about the source of those numbers ( They were not identifiable with any numbers from the Ad Hoc Committee. )

Tonight he reports that he spent considerable time reviewing a tape of the meeting and to the best of his recollection, he believes those numbers somehow came from the Mast Road proposal. He is unable to be more specific.
Sincerely, Norm Phillips
Norman Phillips

Postby Mike Riopel » Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:25 am

Norman,

Many thanks for following up on this. I expected that a member of the BOS would be able to provide at least some level of detail when they provided important finanacial data about an issue so hotly contested. Since Norm Carr is unable.... no wait....(since the sensitivity knob seems to be turned up so high in these hallowed forum halls).... Let me restate this, Mr. Carr's statement about solid waste costs is interpreted by me to be described as "facts not in evidence".....

I know how to translate the wordsmith. I know what to do about it. I can wait till April.

I look forward to seeing your warrant article and sincerely hope someone brings a similar article (level of completeness and details) for the t/s side.

Thanks for all your effort on this.

Regards,
Mike.
Mike Riopel
Mike Riopel

Return to General Town Topics