Full time Daycares/Preschools

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Full time Daycares/Preschools

Postby Merrimack92 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 am

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone had ideas/suggestions on full time ( 6:30am to 5:30pm five days a week) daycares/pre-k schools in town preferably or close by. My wife and I have our 4 year old in one in town which I won't mention because we feel they are awful and I don't want to offend anyone that may have had a good experience with them (which is doubtful). We would like one in town because next year we want him to go to public kindergarten and then have the daycare pick him for the remainder. Any help thoughts suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Merrimack92

Re: Full time Daycares/Preschools

Postby Speeder » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 pm

We use Tollhouse Preschool for our infant son. They were recommended to us by two separate families who don't know each other, so we felt their feedback was independent. We've been really happy with them so far. I know they have a couple of vans that they use to pick up/drop off the "older" kids at kindergarten and above.

We loooked at another daycare in Merrimack before Tollhouse, and didn't get a good impression at all. Two boys about 4 or 5 were running around yelling "Penis! Penis!", which was oddly amusing but disturbing at the same time. My realtor, who i bumped into at Tollhouse one day a few weeks back, said he had is daughter at that other daycare and recently moved to Tollhouse because they weren't happy at all.

I hope this helps, good luck with your search!
Speeder

Postby Merrimack92 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks Speeder. I have heard just the opposite about Tollhouse from a few different parents, they told me there were quite a few parents pulling their kids out of their because of the director nad a few teachers that were not too good. Thanks again.
Merrimack92

Postby sabrina » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Tollhouse is fine, just have the kids do summer camps and after school program once they hit 1st grade, there is literally nothing for them to do there after school or in the summer. Tippy toes if fine for infant only no more than that.... Sunnyside is new and the owner is super nice. Good luck.
sabrina

Postby MissyB » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:45 pm

I don't have children in daycare, but a friend sends his son to Apple Blossom, and they like that one. Good luck in your search.
MissyB

Postby Merrimack92 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks Sabrina and MissyB.
Merrimack92

Return to Other Topics (sports, work, commute, food, etc)