Above ground swimming pool

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Above ground swimming pool

Postby lynnette » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi there -
We are considering getting an above ground pool, probably looking at one of the larger round types. Has anyone had a pool installed recently and could recommend a good company? We definitely do not want to attack this project ourselves! Do you remember how much extra money was charged for the installation? I can't seem to find this information online anywhere- I only see prices for the pools themselves...I'm sure there are lots of hidden costs. I know I need to call around, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I would love to work with a company that someone in town had a good experience with!
Thanks!
lynnette

Re: Above ground swimming pool

Postby Brian McCarthy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 am

I've installed a few myself - not fun work.

If you swing by Namco in Nashua they will be able to get you a list of installers and how much they charge. However, like any contracted service - you can have good ones and bad ones.

Hidden costs? chemicals, solar covers, electricity for the pump, 'fun stuff' for in the pool, the ladder, the water to fill it, electrical permits and hookups

They are NOT cheap but above ground is the way to go in terms of costs and use (don't want it five years, you have a nice flat patio instead of a concrete hole full of nasty colored water.
Brian McCarthy

Postby lynnette » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks very much...will try Namco.
lynnette

Postby Stan Heinrich » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:02 pm

I would reccomend Seasonal Specialties on Route 101A in Amherst, by Lowes.
They have a very capable staff that will not pressure you. Good luck.
Stan Heinrich

Postby Brian McCarthy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 am

Seasonal is also a good resource. When I was out looking for pools however, their prices were close to 2x what Namco had - same product, no, but when you're just starting out and not sure if you will really get the use out of a pool - 2x was too much to take a chance with.

That may have changed over the years though.
Brian McCarthy

Return to Other Topics (sports, work, commute, food, etc)