Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Free H1N1 Clinic

Postby RD » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Capital Area Public Health Network

Concord H1N1 Flu Clinic NH Technical Institute, Crocker Wellness Center
December 19 — 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
December 20 — Noon to 4:00 p.m.

THIS CLINIC IS FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE:

The following groups are especially encouraged to receive the vaccine to protect themselves and others from serious complications from H1N1:

 Pregnant women
 People caring for or living with infants younger than 6 months (including partners of pregnant women)
 People with asthma, COPD and other chronic conditions
 People under 25 years of age

Please Pre-Register by E-mail: caphnfluclinic@gmail.com or call 230-7293

A parent or guardian must accompany those under 16 years of age. The parent/guardian Consent Form is available at http://www.capitalareaprepares.com. Please complete page one of the form, but bring both pages to the clinic. Any questions about H1N1 Flu or the H1N1 vaccine, contact your physician or the NH DHHS at 271-4496
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: Free H1N1 Clinic

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:38 pm

RD

Thank you for posting this. I have tried to get the shot but none has been available. I have one son who is severely ill with H1N1 and also an employee who had it this past week. With my lousy health problems I have been worried about catching it. I signed both sons up in October (both under 25) but I was told on Friday it would be January before the vaccine was available at my doctor's office - not much use for them now.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Shannon Barnes » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:47 am

Dartmouth Hitchcock in Merrimack had a clinic for patients on Wednesday. Rick & I got our dose & the kids got their boosters. My advice: hound your Dr.'s office and get on contact lists. They didn't call us to say your kids are a high priority group (young children ages 6 & 8) and we will contact you when they are available. I called them, told them they were in a high priority group to get the vaccine and asked to be notified as soon as they were available.
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me"--Stuart Smalley (Saturday Night Live)
Shannon Barnes

Postby Linda Nickerson » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:49 am

Yup, my son falls into the High-Risk category as a diabetic so he got his H1N1 on Wednesday in Merrimack.....I did have him put on the list for them to call when he scheduled his regular Seasonal shot....
Linda Nickerson

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Hounded my doctor last week and they said it was only available for under 4, health care workers and pregnant women. I wish I had known about the one in Merrimack.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Dennis King » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:12 pm

How's this taste of Obama's health care reform working for everyone? Where is the hope and change?

All we have is fear and limited supplies, wonder if we did not ship vaccines to Mexico if we would have some for our own country. Oh well, by the time the vaccines are available, the flu season will be over, classic liberalism
Dennis King

Postby Norman Phillips » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Dennis King wrote:----------
All we have is fear and limited supplies, wonder if we did not ship vaccines to Mexico if we would have some for our own country. Oh well, by the time the vaccines are available, the flu season will be over, classic liberalism

As far as I know, Mr. KIng, the US has not shipped flu vaccine to Mexico, or anywhere else. What is the source of your information on flu shipment to Mexico?
Sincerely, Norm Phillips
Norman Phillips

Postby Dennis King » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:45 pm

Norman, this was on the news this past summer when Mexico city was having a huge outbreak, CNN led with the story
Dennis King

Return to Other Topics (sports, work, commute, food, etc)