Welcome back NFL

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Welcome back NFL

Postby Concerned » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Finally,
We have our football back. An escape from everything else that may not be going right in your world or mine.

Maybe it's not the first time but the strangest thing I saw on all the sports shows this weekend was a commercial for the FOX pregame show......on ESPN.
Concerned

Re: Welcome back NFL

Postby Concerned » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:57 pm

Not looking good folks. Pats under Brady are 3-4 at Miami with the last 5 years alternating wins and losses - 2007 was a win so with this year's mediocre team, a loss is in the cards.

So far this year the Pats have not won in an official road game at the other teams stadium. London doesn't count.
Concerned

Postby pumbaa » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 am

Remember the Brady who could drop a pass in under tight coverage with pinpoint accuracy? Moss has been shut down partly because Brady can't thread the needle like he used to. Belichick showed his lack of confidence by pulling the offensive starters with 5 1/2 minutes left. Sure 3 touchdowns in that time is a long shot, but a couple of years ago I would have surely wanted Brady left in to try and pull off a couple of those rapid-fire, methodical down field marches (of course, you would have needed to somehow find a defense between posessions). Brees was doing what we had previously come to expect from Brady. Let's hope he can still get back to that. I still see them making the playoffs this year, but not too far beyond that.
pumbaa

Postby Wayne » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Well all is almost right in the universe again...I think the Pats are positioned pretty well entering the playoffs.

What I can't believe is how Indy just quit in their 2nd half against the Jets. Colts fans are furious, and I sure would be too if I was one. Patriots management would never have forfeited a game like that. There are few excuses for not going down fighting, whether it's on the world stage, or in a sports arena.
Wayne

Postby RD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 pm

I suppose they figured they had nothing to lose, and didn't want to risk injury? I'm unfortunately not following football as closely as I'd like to this year, so I don't really know. But I did hear some sportscasters predicting that the Pats would take it easy and rest next week against Houston...
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby pumbaa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Oooooh...the loss of Welker puts those last few posts in a new perspective. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and I would not have been happy to see all the starters sitting on the bench. I still think there are enough offensive tools available, but it has been too hit or miss as to their success. The defense fails too often for me to think they will make it to the Superbowl, but we can still hope for now.
pumbaa

Return to Other Topics (sports, work, commute, food, etc)