NH Non-Resident Carry License: $20 -> $100 July 1

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: NH Non-Resident Carry License: $20 -> $100 July 1

Postby Michael Pelletier » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 pm

RBarnes wrote:
Thus 90 percent of the traced weapons had a U.S. origin, but only about 17% of all those seized came from the U.S.

I wonder how many of those firearms had an origin of having been sold by an American manufacturer to the Mexican police or military forces with US government approval, and then "lost" by crooked soldiers and cops on the payroll of the cartels?
Michael Pelletier

Postby RD » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:13 am

Michael Pelletier wrote:If you want to understand the intent, you should look at Iran, right now, today. That's what happens when only brutal government-sanctioned thugs are allowed have guns.

Are you suggesting that the differnce between the U.S. and Iran is that American citizens are allowed to have guns, but both nations have armed "brutal government-sanctioned thugs?" In any event, the fact is that in Iran, the government isn't the only armed group; there are also.... [drumroll please].... MILITIAS.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Concerned » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 pm

MP

Random strip searches are sensible?

The intent of the Constitution has nothing to do with Iran or any other country. The framers of the Constitution were not looking at the global aspect 200 years down the road. They were not even focused on what the US would would like 200 years down the road. Focus on what you think the intent was back then given what society looked like back then.

If you had to write the second ammendment today how would you word it? How do you think the framers would word it?
Concerned

Postby RBarnes » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Concerned wrote:MP

Random strip searches are sensible?

I think he was intending to be sarcastic and tie in the most recent supreme court ruling.

Concerned wrote:The intent of the Constitution has nothing to do with Iran or any other country. The framers of the Constitution were not looking at the global aspect 200 years down the road. They were not even focused on what the US would would like 200 years down the road. Focus on what you think the intent was back then given what society looked like back then.

If you had to write the second ammendment today how would you word it? How do you think the framers would word it?

I know the question is directed to Mike but I'd like to give my answer as well...

I'd word it exactly as the NH Constitution is worded:
NH Constitution:
[Art.] 2-a. [The Bearing of Arms.] All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property and the state.

All persons is very clear and up front. If anything I would make one change and that would be replace "persons" with "citizens".

The use of defending themselves, their families, their property and even the state is laid out clear as day.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:37 pm

This has changed into a state and national political topic. I apologize for not acting sooner and locking it then.

-Nat (as admin)
Nat Fairbanks

Previous

Return to Other Topics (sports, work, commute, food, etc)