More active moderation

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

More active moderation

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Like I said in the posts I wrote about removing the state and national politics areas, I will be taking a much more active role in moderating this forum. I have already begun to moderate posts and ban users. The appropriate area to discuss the new moderation is here, in the Forum Software Information area.

-Nat (as admin)
Nat Fairbanks

Re: More active moderation

Postby platypusman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Can you please provide criteria that a post must have to be acceptable to you?
platypusman

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:33 pm

platypusman wrote:Can you please provide criteria that a post must have to be acceptable to you?

In general a post about state or national politics, or a post attacking or insulting a specific person, especially a private citizen will be removed.

-Nat (as admin)
Nat Fairbanks

Postby WIZ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:01 am

Then for example, bashing of publically elected town officials and towm board memebers, who are also private citizens too ( Council, Planning, Zoning, Conservation...) will be included in posts that are deleted and users banned from this forum?
WIZ

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:04 pm

WIZ wrote:Then for example, bashing of publically elected town officials and towm board memebers, who are also private citizens too ( Council, Planning, Zoning, Conservation...) will be included in posts that are deleted and users banned from this forum?

People who have decided to take a public role have a lesser expectation to be free from criticism, especially those who have decided to run for an elected position. Posts that may approach the line between criticism and defamation, libel or slander will be more likely to be moderated, especially those brought to a moderator's attention by the reporting mechanism available to all registered users. In general the moderators should make a good faith effort to remove obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable posts from the forum.

-Nat (as admin)
Nat Fairbanks

Return to Forum Software Information