Merrimackforum.org no longer hosts state or national topics

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Merrimackforum.org no longer hosts state or national topics

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Merrimackforum.org no longer hosts state or national topics for posting. At some point in the future I may move the posts here to another board and reopen discussion. Posts about state and national politics will be removed from other areas. If anyone wants to discuss this change do so in the topic linked to here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5293

-Nat (as admin)
Nat Fairbanks

Re: Merrimackforum.org no longer hosts state or national topics

Postby Confucius » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Good call.
My font > yours.
Confucius

Postby Wizard » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:29 am

Nat Fairbanks wrote:Merrimackforum.org no longer hosts state or national topics for posting. At some point in the future I may move the posts here to another board and reopen discussion. Posts about state and national politics will be removed from other areas. If anyone wants to discuss this change do so in the topic linked to here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5293

-Nat (as admin)

Will this move send Platy and RD to the UN-employment line? And what are they going to do with all their free time now? Will crime increase? And where will I go for my daily dose of humor?
Wizard

Postby Confucius » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Wizard wrote:...And where will I go for my daily dose of humor?

C-SPAN
My font > yours.
Confucius

Postby platypusman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Wizz I will still laugh at your posts but will sure miss my battles with the likes of RD.
platypusman

Postby Wizard » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:55 pm

It's great to hear from you Platy. Some of us are concerned that now without the state and national political forums gone, that you may be off somewhere else gettin in trouble with your idle time. Althought I might not have agreed to all of your platforms, I always thought your arguments were presented well (most of them anyway). You'll have to keep us posted on your adventures and if you ever need someone to "post" bond for you to get out of jail, you just give me a scream. Are you heading to Colorado for the DNC this week? :D

Wizard
Wizard

Postby platypusman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Wiz is the forum better without the state and national political debate?
platypusman

Postby Linda Nickerson » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:55 am

I realize that wasn't directed at me but, yes, this forum is better now that you and your ilk no longer post your "research".

It is now the forum for the people of MERRIMACK and those people who care about the town.
Linda Nickerson

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Linda

Are you implying that I do not care about the town? That's a below the belt shot at some of us.

I think the forum would have been better off had you not posted that comment.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Linda Nickerson » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Jeannine, I said NOTHING about how YOU feel about the town! Where did you get THAT from??? :?

Platy, in either his current "nom de plume" or his others (USC, etc) ONLY came around this forum during election times and posted topic after topic bashing the candidates he didn't want elected into office. NEVER did I see him post anything positive about the candidates he DID support nor do I ever recall him posting anything positive about the town, schools, residents, etc, etc.....if he DID post anything positive in any of these areas, it was very well disguised. When other posters would provide data to the contrary of his "research" we were slammed.

THAT is what I was saying....I KNOW you care about the town and I KNOW the vast majority of posters on this forum care about the town (even those of us who no longer reside there...)

The fact that this is now a true TOWN forum where people can come on and get information, express opinions about TOWN matters, etc. is refreshing. Is it as active? Nope.....but there are PLENTY of other forums for people who choose to discuss national and state matters.
Linda Nickerson

Postby Linda Nickerson » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:39 pm

(and....the referencee to "his ilk" was talking about the Rowlands of the world who have NO interest in the town and were, like Platy, only on here to slam people with whom they did not agree.)
Linda Nickerson

Postby WIZ » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:45 am

platypusman wrote:Wiz is the forum better without the state and national political debate?

Platy, this seems like such a simple question, but there is no simple answer for it. I can't really say that this Forum is better or not without the political debates. I miss some of the topics and discussion. I did enjoy reading many of the “debates” and the “research”, but mostly from a humorous perspective. And although I understand the passion some folks feel on the issues, some posts got a bit hostile and were probably a turn-off for some readers (it was for Nat). I miss the personalities of the political posters more than the content of their posts in many instances. One must always remember to take this opinion with a measure of salt (and some folks don’t). Personally, I thought the political season started awfully early this time around. It seems like the Primary was eon’s ago. I think many will be glad when it’s over and we can move on and hopefully get to work on getting ‘things” fixed and get Americans back on a prosperous track. Personally, I wish we could have a do-over Primary (knowing what we know today). I really don’t look forward to November 4th and I don’t ever recall feeling this way toward an election. We (Americans) are facing some serious issues both here at home and abroad that will shape the word for many decades to follow. I’m not sure if a number 2 pencil or a dart would be most appropriate to bring to the voting booth this year to choose a President that will be facing these challenges. I’m not excited about either of our choices. I’m hoping that will change; not much time left.

Without any real hot-button town issues on the plate, the Forum is at times a bit boring recently. The pot needs some stirring. Are there any volunteers out there?

I have recently read some interesting stuff in the local papers; for example; the study of Merrimack students and risky sexual behavior which is a much higher percentage than other comparable towns. Is it something in the water in Merrimack that's making our kids hornier than other towns? Or is Merrimack lacking in sex education at home and in the schools?

The need for a full time cop (School Resource Officer) in our schools has seen some print coverage recently. I thought that might find its way here into a discussion on this Forum. Do we need police in our classrooms; some of you obviously think so. And I suspect there are some that feel that money could be better spent in other places and if there are conditions in the school that justify having a full-time police officer, isn’t this a parental responsibility and not a community responsibility?

And the town Parks and Recreation is beginning to look for significant funding for rehabilitating Wasserman Park. For a facility that typically only sees a few weeks of usage during the year, do folks want to invest maybe a million dollars here? This is a valuable town resource, but the infrastructure is literally falling apart. Just food for thought for possible discussion here at the Merrimack Forum.

Wiz
WIZ

Postby platypusman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Linda Nickerson wrote:I realize that wasn't directed at me but, yes, this forum is better now that you and your ilk no longer post your "research".

It is now the forum for the people of MERRIMACK and those people who care about the town.

This comment was over the top. I ask you, what brought this about?
platypusman

Postby andysinnh » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:23 pm

So while the forum certainly isn't as "exciting" without the state or national politics - and while I'd certainly have loved to watch the banter as we debated putting lipstick on a pig - sticking to local discussions keeps this forum focused on the advertised purpose. I'm OK with it.

andy
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby Linda Nickerson » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 pm

This comment was over the top. I ask you, what brought this about?

You asked.....I answered.........if you want more detail please read my response to Jeannine.
Linda Nickerson

Next

Return to Forum Software Information