Wish list of new features

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Wish list of new features

Postby RBarnes » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:31 pm

Nat, as I was reading a couple posts here today I really wish we had a recommend feature to recommend a post (see yahoo’s message boards or the feedback on SlashDot.org). There were a couple people who made points that I personally thought went well above those made in the average post. Being able to recommend that post would also show some people who may feel they are getting “slammedâ€
RBarnes

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:43 pm

http://www.phpbb.com/
particulary
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?db=1

I believe there are mods out there that do this, but I haven't investigated them because they fork the code from the default version. Whenever the software needs to be updated you have upgrade the base code then reapply the patches. I have enough problems keeping the code up to date with new versions and the simple 2 line patch that reverses the default post order.

This forum is simply PHP & a MySQL database, so anything is possible given the time to code it. If someone were to volunteer to make improvements...

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Two words: RSS Feeds

Postby horaceqballs » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:39 pm

In addition to one for the entire site, there should be one for each of the
individual forums.
horaceqballs

Postby M@ » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:11 pm

Nat: I've done some PHP and MySql - drop me an email and we can talk about me helping to maintain the site. I know it's a pain - I wouldn't want to have to do it alone.

M@
M@

Return to Forum Software Information